The Prosumer – Segmentation and Differentiation in today’s market
October 25, 2011 1 Comment
This session of e-marketing explores the concept of the prosumer or the new kind of consumer.
- Tunes his iPod to the latest BBC podcast while his TV is tuned to a soccer game and his cell phone and PC are within reach.
- Picks up his computer to find a blog mentioned during the podcast, sees a video on the blog, and texts a friend about the video.
- Justin searches for the video title on Google and finds a job posting on Vimeo, an online video-posting site.
- He posts a link to the video and Vimeo site on his Twitter stream.
- Justin is the new consumer: a multitasker interested in the social media.